Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Literary response for 2nd page

Literary Response: My thoughts on money is that it's just paper, but the most important paper in all the land. The ones who try who try to pass money off as just paper are doomed to be left behind in the fast-paced race for it. The poor and the rich are all effect by money. The poor suffer for the lack of it and the rich revel in its contents.
People kill and are killed because of this thing called money. The race is brutal and doesn't stop for no one. Most people revolve their top dreams and desires based on money and wealth. Money can equal numerous things; shelter, food, and clothing. Alot of people believe money equals happiness, and frankly, I believe so too. Unless you are very, very ignorant, its almost impossible to reach happiness without money.



Literary Response: A familiar scene I've returned to over the years is this small, quiet little playground down the street of my house. I've been living at that house for over five years and so I've been going to that place for about the same amount of time. It has a rusted swing and slide set, a bench, and a few willow trees. It’s quaint and vague, but for me, it's like a second home. I go there everyday afterschool and revel in its peacefulness.
I think that no matter how plain or simple something is, once you've created a bond towards it, that thing becomes extraordinary and rare. I've been to all the parks in town, but they just aren't the same. They remind me of every other park, every other place. But for the one right down my street, it has a striking familiarity to it, like the feeling of returning home after a long day of school. I can sit on the little, old swing and let my worries fade into the background as I ease into daydreaming.
Literary Response: What comes to my mind when I hear the word depressed or downhearted is unstable and emotional. It’s when you let something eat away at you so much that it starts affecting aspects of your life. You lose focus on reality and the goals you’ve worked so hard on and start digressing. I think everyone goes through this sort of funk in their life, where something really gets you down and the wonders of the future is blurred.
Most people get out of this funk, from either the curing of time or reason. They come to their senses and realize whatever it was that upset them in the past, is in the past and the future is still staring right at them, ready to be taken in. I think the ones who skip this stage are actually denying themselves the chance to move on, whether on purpose or not. I believe these kind of people are the ones who end up regretting everything the most.


When I hear the word "hawk", I think of "bird of prey". Hawks seek their food from the skies, soaring down when they spot something to prey on. Hawks are animals that dominate whatever comes to him. Hawks are bold and daring and have no regard for anyone but themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment